Get flood risk information for planning in England
For general flood information, including local flood warnings you can check for flooding.
Use this service for locations in England to:
- find out if you need a flood risk assessment as part of a planning application (sometimes known as planning permission)
- download a printable flood map for planning (PDF) showing your flood zone (also known as a product 1)
- request flood risk assessment data (also known as a product 4)
Before you start
For the location you want to know about you will need one of the following:
- national grid reference (NGR)
- easting and northing coordinates
You’ll usually need a flood risk consultant to carry out a flood risk assessment. If it’s for a simple, low risk development like a house extension you may be able to do it yourself.
If you’re unsure contact the Environment Agency.
Other ways to get this information
For help getting flood risk information, contact the Environment Agency.
Telephone: 03708 506 506
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
Find out about call charges